The Connellsville Housing Authority was founded in 1949 when Dr. J. Harold Dull, President of the Connellsville Chamber of Commerce became aware that subsidized housing was available to cities which had Housing Authorities. Greenwood Heights was the first site to be developed, with 60 apartments in 5 two-story buildings. Ground was broken in 1951, and occupancy began in 1952. North Manor was completed in 1955, and an addition to Greenwood Heights was built in 1958 (artist's rendering at left). After a failed attempt to add on to North Manor, some time elapsed before any new projects were begun. In 1970, it was determined that there was need in the community for low income housing for the elderly, and a 100 unit apartment building was constructed. This building was to be known as Riverview Apartments. Since then, the Housing Authority has worked to improve each of these three communities.
About Our Housing
Currently, the Connellsville Housing Authority has three locations; a map is located on the Housing Sites page. These locations include North Manor and Riverview, which are public housing, and Greenwood Heights, which is Authority owned housing.